Spicy spinach and ham egg white omelet
Simple omelet using egg whites to make this suitable for a diabetic diet and for a low FODMAP diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-10 minutes
Total time: 16-20 minutes
Yield: 1 omelet
Calories per serving: 239
Fat per serving: 10 grams
monterrey jack cheese
red pepper flakes
4 second spray
non-stick cooking spray
- Chop ham into small chunks/pieces
- Chop baby spinach into small pieces
- Shred cheese and keep separate
- Froth egg whites in a bowl with fork or egg whisk
- Heat omelet pan on high heat for a couple minutes and spray with cooking spray
- Pour egg whites into omelet and gently roll pan to get edges of omelet part way up the edge of the pan
- Reduce heat to medium high and use the spatula to separate the edges from the pan as the egg whites cook solid out the outside.
- Continue to roll the pan to get more layers of egg white on the edges of the omelet and use the spatula to tease the omelet away from the pan so it slides freely
- Add the ham and spinach. Sprinkle the cheese over the top. Sprinkle the spices over the cheese.
- When the egg white cooks through to the surface, make sure the omelet is sliding freely in the pan.
- Tilt the pan over the plate to let the omelet slide out, tilting the pan almost upside down to fold the omelet in half as it slides on to the plate.